The role of ICGEB's Biosafety Group is to disseminate as widely as possible significant information related to biosafety issues raised through the use of products derived from modern biotechnology, as well as to assist our Member States in their capacity to identify, regulate, manage and monitor those products within their own Countries.
ICGEB Biosafety Group members
The ICGEB Biosafety Group members are based in various locations around the world:
- Wendy Craig - Group Leader
- Francesca Farolfi - Senior Programme Assistant
- Andrè Rosado - Pre-doctoral Fellow
- Vanga Siva Reddy - Group Leader - Plant Biology: Plant Transformation
Rome (hosted by the Italian Ministry for Environment, for the Protection of the Territory and the Sea)
- Marco Baccani - Fellow
- Francesco Palladini - Fellow
- Racovita M, Obonyo DN, Craig W, Ripandelli D, 2015. What are the non-food impacts of GM crop cultivation on farmers’ health? Environmental Evidence 4:17.
- Obonyo DN, Racovita M, Ripandelli D, Craig W, 2014. Biosafety issues in food and agricultural systems in Africa. In: Biosafety in Africa: Experiences and Best Practices. DP Keetch, D Makinde, CK Weebadde, K Maredia (eds), Michigan State University, USA. pp. 6-15.
- Racovita M, Obonyo DN, Craig W, Ripandelli D, 2014. What are the non-food impacts of GM crop cultivation on farmers’ health? A systematic review protocol. Environmental Evidence 3(1).
- Racovita M, 2013. Lost in translation. EMBO Reports 14: 675 – 678.
- Degrassi G, Craig W, Ripandelli D, 2013. Internet-based resources useful for the risk assessment and risk management of genetically modified crops. International Journal of Biosafety and Biosecurity 2(1): 14-29.
- Racovita M, Obonyo DN, Abdallah R, Anguzu R, Bamwenda G, Kiggundu A, Maganga H, Muchiri N, Nzeduru C, Otadoh J, Rumjaun A, Suleiman I, Sunil M, Tepfer M, Timpo S, van der Walt W, Kaboré-Zoungrana C, Nfor L, Craig W, 2013. Experiences in sub-Saharan Africa with GM crop risk communication: Outcome of a workshop. GM Crops and Food 4(1): 19–27.
- Tepfer M, Racovita M, Craig W, 2013. Putting problem formulation at the forefront of GMO risk analysis. GM Crops and Food 4(1): 10-15.
To subscribe to the Biosafety Newsletter,
send an empty email to Biosafetyfirstname.lastname@example.org